Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance
We have an amazing opportunity for a qualified actuary with a change mindset to join the Actuarial Transformation Team within our Retirement Division (LGRI).
Within this role you will develop and implement technical actuarial aspects (including specialist actuarial areas) of the `Finance Transformation Programme' with the ultimate goal of empowering LGRI Finance to create value through operational efficiency and by developing best in-class capabilities in areas such as modelling, analytics and reporting.
With the transition of IFRS17 into "Business as usual" in 2023 you will also work on embedding this into the fibre of LGRI as it becomes the new financial reporting standard.
This role is a Hybrid Working opportunity, and when you are on-site you will be based from our London Offices in Coleman Street.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying, developing and implementing innovative solutions that meet both the regulatory and commercial needs of the business.
- Working with the financial and capital reporting teams to remove any unnecessary complexity/convoluted processes with a target of streamlining as much of the methodology/approach as possible between IFRS and SII.
- Collaborating with the financial and capital reporting teams to review current capabilities and to identify strategic opportunities for the business to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance reporting function.
- Working with the financial reporting teams to ensure that the transformation programme maximises opportunities to streamline and move repeatable, non-judgement process to the BAU team and provide strong controls and checks when transferred.
- Ensuring key changes – in relation to the transformation programme – are bought into and agreed by the BAU teams and delivered to their expectations.
- Ensuring the implementation is flexible enough to cope with changing reporting requirements and metrics - including IFRS 17.
- Ensuring your stakeholders are managed effectively with pro-active communications and regular engagement. This will include presenting and explaining changes to processes or procedures to the reporting teams or to teams who depend on the results (such as the LGR investments team and the Prudential Risk team.)
- Ensuring that the training provided to the BAU teams in the handover of developed propositions is in-depth enough to enable them to understand the new approach and process.
What we're looking for
- Qualified Life Actuary
- Experience/knowledge of reporting metrics such as IFRS, EEV, EC, SII.
- Quality and delivery focused individual who can also think creatively (thinking outside the box)
- Self-starter with the ability to build relationships across teams and influence/gain the buy in from those teams with regards to proposed changes.
- Hands-on experience in developing and/or building financial models, risk-based capital models and asset liability modelling (“ALM”) using software package such as VBA & R.
- Proactive attitude to change and the ability be receptive to changing priorities from different sources.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises. In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.