Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Technical Data Lead
Your role at a glance
We have a great opportunity for a Qualified Actuary to join us as an Actuarial Technical Lead.
As an `ATL' you will deliver changes to the models, associated tools and code that are owned by the modelling centre and used to perform pricing and valuation for the L&G life business. You will be dedicated to a number of projects and have responsibility for ongoing maintenance for some of the tools and models owned by the team.
This role sits within the `post prophet and governance team' within the modelling centre, which focusses on the database that holds the prophet output and the BI tools used to visualise that output (which are built in Tableau).
This role is a hybrid working opportunity, that will allow you to work effectively both from home and from our Hove Offices.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing development changes as identified in the requirement documents in line with the agreed work package plan (covering both technical and documentation changes).
- Engaging actively in managing the delivery of the change by working with the project manager, the business stakeholders and the Actuarial Change team.
- Actively planning the delivery for the actuarial project work for both yourself and the developers on the project.
- Preparing all project and test documentation (unit / system / integration) ensuring it is complete, accurate and adheres to current best practice standards and L&G's development standards and methodology.
- Ensuring all testing activities are defined in the project plan, and ensuring that all test preparation documentation is complete before undertaking testing, and that the test completion reports are completed and their success (or otherwise) are signed off by the required stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- A Qualified Actuary with at least 2 Years post-qualification experience.
- Knowledge/experience of development of Tableau, Data analytics, Prophet or SQL coding to an advanced level.
- Knowledge/experience of: a range of reporting metrics (including IFRS17), Annuities/Life Insurance, the UK Finance Sector & Actuarial Finance Systems and Processes.
- Very good knowledge of model development within a large life insurer
- Experience of managing work for several developers to deliver change
- Experience of data visualisation or dashboard development
- Experience of wider actuarial development (eg SQL, DCS etc)
- Ability to produce documentation of development and testing
- Good communication, personal planning and organisation skills
- Ability to show initiative in applying good problem solving and analytical skills
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas. Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.