Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Actuarial Change Lead
Your role at a glance
We have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Actuary to join us as an Actuarial Change Lead.
In this role you will manage the delivery of actuarial change into integration by ensuring the delivery of budgeting, scheduling, design, build and testing across the Actuarial Results Repository (ARR), Tableau Reporting platform, CSM Prophet model and Non-Prophet Adjustment (NPA) solution.
You will also lead, manage and provide technical guidance/direction to a team of Change Actuaries and Model Developers in our Post Prophet Team (PPT) covering all associated systems, processes and developments within the NPA User Interface (UI), CSM model and Tableau reporting.
This role is a hybrid working opportunity, that will allow you to work effectively both from home and from our Hove Offices.
What you'll be doing
- Understanding the requirements for Post Prophet development across ARR, Tableau, NPA solution and CSM model, including challenging when appropriate. You will also need to understand the test plan for BAT, including both test criteria and agreeing timing for BAT, as well as understanding any process implications or tools impacted by the developments.
- Ensuring that change requests coming into the team are OOM’d in a timely manner, taken through the appropriate channels to achieve budget approval and PIN and then appropriately re-quoted when requirements are received. You will also be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of days spent and cost to date to ensure that project budgets are effectively managed and additional budget is secured when required.
- Collaboratively working with the Reporting Teams, Actuarial Operations, Group Finance IT, Group Data and other business areas as required to ensure `change' is appropriately scheduled for build, test and release. You will also ensure requirements are received in a timely fashion, including all elements needed for the build (especially test criteria).
- Ensuring change delivery within PPT is effectively managed through, by ensuring that there is clear communication between business areas, that the change is coordinated between models and across ARR, Tableau, NPA solution and CSM model and flagging any issues appropriately throughout the process.
- Providing oversight, guidance, advice and support to Actuarial Technical Leads & Developers on Projects. This will include delegating, supporting and reviewing the work delivered by the Technical Leads and Developers.
- Ensuring the required documentation for the development (i.e DPR, TCR) is clear, contains all the necessary information and is no longer than necessary. You will also ensure that the model documentation is updated to reflect the change and that any limitations of the model or systems and tools are logged appropriately.
- Ensuring the delivery of the development is correct and on time, or highlight any risks or barriers to this clearly and promptly to the Head of Actuarial Change.
- Ensuring that unit and system testing is delivered to an appropriate standard, taking into account the test requirements from the business. Managing the delivery of BAT1 across the actuarial operations and reporting teams, including flagging any issues such as environmental or prioritisation.
- Ensuring the governance within the Actuarial & Finance Solutions Team is kept up to date and executed appropriately, with any governance failings appropriately highlighted, escalated and managed to avoid recurrence.
- Delivering the annual cycle of MRCF review working alongside the Actuarial Change Lead, by scheduling the workshops, issuing draft paperwork and running the update process.
What we're looking for
- A Qualified Actuary with substantial post-qualification experience.
- Experience of leading change implementation and project management in the finance and actuarial reporting environment in within a Life Company or/and Consultancy.
- Proven experience and a deep understanding of financial reporting processes within a life company, across all metrics.
- Operational management skills to ensure the delivery of accurate results on time.
- Ability to lead teams under tight deadlines and use effective resource management to ensure resources are deployed efficiently and customer needs are met.
- Strong Excel skills, Prophet model experience, Tableau or different MI reporting platform knowledge is essential.
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Ability to influence others through evidencing of observations and recommendations.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas. Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
The actuarial profession is growing quickly and competition for jobs is high.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.