Share this job:
⛔️ Deloitte are no longer taking applications for this job.
Senior Manager (Regulation)
Opportunity to join the Regulatory Assurance – Conduct & Prudential – Insurance team
Our Assurance practice is centred on providing Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence, helping businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
The regulatory environment is ever-evolving and regulation is critical to driving trust and confidence in the market, and protecting the wider public interest.
Deloitte’s Regulatory Assurance team spans both Insurance and Banking and Capital Markets and specialises in helping those charged with governance to navigate the regulatory landscape.
The team has built a reputation for providing pragmatic assurance, as well as innovative technology solutions, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Conduct and Prudential team in London to lead and develop our general insurance prudential regulatory offerings.
We are looking for an individual with relevant experience and knowledge (e.g., including Solvency II, stress and scenario testing, recovery and resolution planning, third party risk management and outsourcing, operational resilience, exposure management and regulatory capital) and with the ambition to drive this forward and quickly progress.
The role will involve working with a large range of clients across the general insurance sector, including FTSE 100 insurers, insurance intermediaries, and Lloyd’s and London Market insurers, as well as working across Deloitte (including, e.g., with our actuarial practice).
The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert in prudential regulation across the general insurance industry, leading our propositions relating to PRA regulatory requirements.
As a Senior Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and developing our strategy with respect to our Prudential Regulation offerings and driving forward growth in this area.
- Horizon scanning for new market developments in relation to Prudential Regulation both in the UK and globally, and the PRA expectations in these areas.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders at clients.
- Driving client targeting initiatives, including creating and developing propositions to reflect the changing needs of our clients as they respond to these new regulatory requirements, as well as presenting proposals to clients detailing how we can assist them.
- Leading the delivery of high quality prudential regulatory Assurance engagements (and supporting the wider team in delivery of engagements on broader regulatory topics), providing high quality advisory and assurance services to our clients.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders across Deloitte to provide our clients with best-in-class expertise and offerings.
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
- Practice management, including preparing budgets, resourcing and client billing.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role can be open to any UK Deloitte office. Occasional travel will be required for client projects. Whilst the majority of clients are London based, some time on site with regional and international clients may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements, which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Your professional experience
- Prior experience of working in the insurance sector in a relevant role (e.g, through experience in regulatory supervision, in a senior risk role and in a Risk and Regulatory team at another professional services firm).
- Strong understanding of Solvency II and the PRA’s regulatory expectations.
- Confident client presence and ability to build contacts and develop relationships.
- Positive and ambitious attitude, and ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal.
- Experience in delivering presentations and pitches.
- Strong organisational, planning and problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexible thinking.
- Strong team leadership skills and proven ability to lead challenging projects and large teams.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to quickly build a strong internal network.
- Aptitude with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Qualifications and skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent required.
- Additional professional qualifications of relevance (e.g., ACA, CII, IRM, IOR, CAA, IFoA) preferred.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond. Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs. Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
⛔️ Deloitte are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.
You’ve spent hours researching ‘how to become an actuary’ and now it’s time to put your plan into action.