Share this job:
⛔️ Deloitte are no longer taking applications for this job.
The Pensions Practice, Deloitte Total Rewards and Benefits (DTRB), within the Tax & Legal Service Line is a multi-disciplinary group comprising over 200 professionals - actuaries, employee benefits specialists, investment professionals and administrators, led by five partners.
DTRB is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and provides investment advice, actuarial services and outsourced pension administration services to trustees and corporate sponsors of pension schemes. We are a national practice with a large team in London, together with teams in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Deloitte has a clear commercial focus. The Deloitte Pensions team is well established and has ambitious targets for further growth. In light of this we are currently seeking new members of staff to work within our pensions department. The team provide a full range of pension services to a portfolio of defined benefit and defined contribution occupational pension schemes. This is on both the Trustee and Corporate side. The successful candidate will be based in our Leeds office.
From the outset, you'll enjoy exposure to a broad and varied client base, enabling you to increase your market knowledge across a wide range of industries.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. And with no glass ceilings, you will be able to make a difference here by really influencing and shaping the strategic direction of our practice.
Our actuarial consultants will have responsibility for:
- Completing actuarial calculations for both our Trustee and Corporate clients
- Working on challenging projects for high-profile clients
- Be part of a wider team reporting to our scheme actuaries and the client
- Working with the wider Deloitte team including audit teams
- Managing personal workflow across a number of projects
- Preparation of reporting documents for presentation to clients
The ideal candidate will:
- be self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-moving environment;
- have good presence and strong communication skills;
- be able to work within a team and where appropriate, to manage client relationships (both internal and external); and
- have solid technical skills and a focused commercial attitude.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Leeds with occasional travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent full time opportunity
Your professional experience
To qualify you will have:
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of defined benefit pension workstreams or projects, in a consulting or in-house environment;
- Exposure to actuarial services to trustees and / or corporate sponsors
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Experience of managing client relationships;
- The ability or willingness to contribute to business development.
- Making good progress towards actuarial qualification or equivalent
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
⛔️ Deloitte are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Recruiters can be a valuable tool for finding actuarial jobs. Let's discuss what recruiters can do for you, things to look out for and how to make the most of recruiters to find your next actuarial job.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.
You’ve spent hours researching ‘how to become an actuary’ and now it’s time to put your plan into action.