Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Actuarial Analyst (Capital)
Your role at a glance
We have a fantastic opportunity for a part/nearly qualified actuary to join our Group Capital team as an Actuarial Analyst in either our London or Hove Offices.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate production of quarterly Solvency II reporting for L&G Capital.
You will also proactively work on identifying potential improvements to the L&G Capital reporting process (including changes to the assumptions and methodologies which underpin this process) and support the implementation of these process improvements.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting in the production of the quarterly Solvency II reporting for L&G Capital, including analysis of change in Own Funds and analysis of change in SCR.
- Assisting in the production of the monthly forecasting of the L&G Capital Solvency II results, including production of management information for senior review.
- Assisting in process improvement and development of the L&G Capital Solvency II reporting process, for both quarterly results and monthly forecasting.
- Running quarterly calculation of the IAS 19 liabilities for the L&G staff pension schemes, including production of sensitivity impacts.
- Calculation of US GAAP liabilities, to assist with the annual reinsurer recertification for L&G Assurance Society (LGAS). Including the derivation of assumptions and documentation of results for external audit.
- Managing the annual Solvency II data governance requirements for L&G Capital and maintenance of EUC and Model control frameworks for L&G Capital, Pension Scheme and US GAAP.
- Supporting the introduction of new processes for IFRS17 reporting.
What we're looking for
- An actuarial student who is making good progress through the IFoA Exams.
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant contacts in other Group Capital teams, Group Finance and other Business Units.
- Knowledge/Experience of Solvency II Reporting.
- Knowledge/Experience of actuarial liability reporting and analysis processes.
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to apply financial analysis techniques.
- A problem solver who can develop new processes and approaches to enable agile responses.
- A proficient Microsoft Excel user, with experience in financial modelling.
- Previous experience in Tableau would be highly advantageous (but is not essential)
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
For nearly 200 years we have provided financial services to customers across the UK, and now the US. As one of Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups, with over £1 trillion in assets, we are experts in safeguarding people’s financial futures. Our ambitions are underpinned by five strong businesses, each of which is innovating and expanding globally, adding new products and solutions to their strategic goals. We aim to be leaders in four key areas: retirement, investment management, capital investment and insurance. Our businesses work together to deliver on our purpose and to drive synergies across the Group.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.
You’ve spent hours researching ‘how to become an actuary’ and now it’s time to put your plan into action.
Hi everyone, welcome to our new job board. We’re a small team of actuaries based in the UK.