Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance
We are looking for x2 Actuarial Analysts to join our Group Protection team here at L&G - with one role focusing more on commercial pricing and the other focussing more on reinsurance & transformation.
As an Actuarial Analyst (in either role) you will provide support and analysis to the head of department enabling delivery of results, projects and recommendations within agreed timescales. You will also proactively identify and lead on improvements to existing internal processes to increase efficiency and understanding of our business.
Either of these roles would be ideal for a part qualified actuary who is looking for an interesting role that will allow them to further grow their existing skills and learn/develop new skills at the same time.
What you'll be doing
- Working closely with other colleagues (e.g., sales &/or risk pricing) to understand our pricing competitiveness and position within the market.
- Performing analyses to aid the setting of profit margins and expense loadings.
- Owning and developing regular reinsurance reporting processes and support the ongoing review of reinsurance structures and relationships.
- Presenting and communicating the results of analyses to the wider team, stakeholders and governance committees.
- Understanding the needs of our customers and managing the expectations of internal customers so we can work to agreed timescales.
- Supporting the development of the models used for investigations and ensuring the end-to-end change process is robust and documented in line with regulatory, statutory and professional requirements.
- Maintaining excellent standards of risk control and ensuring that governance processes are adhered to, and where applicable exceptions/issues are raised and resolved in a timely manner.
What we're looking for
- A part qualified actuary, who is making good progress with the Actuarial Exams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels bot verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with Excel, VBA, SQL, R or Alteryx.
- Previous experience within life insurance would be highly advantageous (but is not essential)
- Experience/knowledge of the UK Group Protection market would be highly advantageous (but is not essential)
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.
You’ve spent hours researching ‘how to become an actuary’ and now it’s time to put your plan into action.
Hi everyone, welcome to our new job board. We’re a small team of actuaries based in the UK.