Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Your role at a glance
We are currently seeking a part qualified actuary to join our Client Solutions team.
Within this role you will play an integral part in developing innovative and client led solutions within the Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) market, as well as providing quotations for pension scheme de-risking transactions.
The main focus of our Client Solutions team is creativity and out of the box thinking and in this role you will be at the heart of that.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the team’s development of innovative and client led solutions in the PRT market.
- Supporting the team’s pricing and transaction execution efforts in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that the highest level of support is provided to the Managers and Directors at all times.
- Working with a diverse range of people from across the entire L&G Group when supporting the development of de-risking solutions to ensure that all impacted teams fully understand and are ready for the implementation of such products.
- Assisting with the implementation and maintenance of existing innovative de-risking solutions (such as Assured Payment Policies, deferred premiums and Insured Self-Sufficiency) by supporting Managers and Directors’ completion of all related on-going internal and external governance requirements.
- Assisting with the team’s marketing efforts, including updating marketing materials to support the team’s delivery of ambitious value and volume based new business delivery targets.
- Ensuring that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations and that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
What we're looking for
- Part qualified actuary (essential)
- Good knowledge of Defined Benefit pension scheme arrangements and / or good knowledge of Solvency II and IFRS with respect to annuity products.
- Previous relevant experience; ideally working for another de-risking provider, life insurer or consultancy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines to ensure project delivery.
- A desire to work creatively to provide innovative solutions to both clients and the market that meet customers’ needs.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises. In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.
Most actuaries overlook soft skills - even though they’re arguably more important for your life and career.
You’ve spent hours researching ‘how to become an actuary’ and now it’s time to put your plan into action.
Hi everyone, welcome to our new job board. We’re a small team of actuaries based in the UK.