Legal & General
Share this job:
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Reporting)
Your role at a glance
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Reporting team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
In this role you will help with the production of L&G Retirement’s (LGR) statutory internal and external financial results. As well as providing high-quality analysis and commentary to further support these results.
You will also perform and document relevant controls to ensure sound actuarial management and control of risks.
This is a hybrid role based from our London Offices in Coleman Street (Moorgate) and is ideal for a nearly/newly qualified actuary.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the reporting actuaries to deliver financial metrics in a timely and accurate manner. These financial metrics include IFRS operating profit, Solvency II operating variances, risk margin, liability sensitivities and new business reporting.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders; including other teams in LGR Finance, LGR Investments, Group Finance, and auditors.
- Actively supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems and processes. Ensuring systems and processes are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Supporting the implementation of system, process and methodology changes as required for the ongoing production of financial results and analysis.
- Demonstrating an attitude of continuous improvement and taking responsibility for improving the team’s efficiency and effectiveness wherever possible. Including providing input into the identification and prioritisation of improvements to methodology.
- Demonstrating a risk and control mind set through proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensure that any such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively.
- Working with the Financial Controls team to ensure that relevant risk and control related documentation is of good quality and up to date.
- Demonstrating awareness, understanding, and appropriate action in relation to your personal responsibilities for information security, specifically around access management, data handling (encryption and classification), password control and building security.
- Supporting the effective prioritisation and scheduling of required activities for assigned work.
- Proactively supporting other members of the reporting team to ensure we meet the needs of our customers.
What we're looking for
- A nearly or newly qualified actuary (although we would also be open to strong part-qualified).
- Experience in/an understanding of the following reporting metrics: IFRS, Economic Capital and Solvency II.
- Experience in/an understanding of: Bulk and individual annuity products, UK finance sector, Risk and regulatory requirements, and Insurance accounting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor communications so they are clear, concise and meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Experience in implementing process/systems improvements.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises. In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
⛔️ Legal & General are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.