Share this job:
⛔️ Deloitte are no longer taking applications for this job.
Can you see what's coming round the corner? The Capital Markets Group (CMG) specialises in modelling risks such as the future movements of UK and international economic markets and longevity rates. If you have extremely strong quantitative and technical skills and would like to apply them in an actuarial and banking context, we are the right place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
CMG is a team of specialist practitioners that are part of the Deloitte Actuarial Insurance and Banking team, and is based in London. As part of the CMG team, you will be involved in the more technical aspects of actuarial and banking work including proxy modelling, risk modelling and stochastic economic scenario modelling. Work in CMG requires high levels of quantitative skills to solve new and challenging problems on behalf of our clients.
There is a focus on research and development, with the team being responsible for the development of Deloitte's stochastic economic scenario modelling suite, XSG, and developing solutions to difficult client problems in the capital model area. Tasks could involve:
Join the world's leading HR and people transformation business and help create the Future of Work for major corporations. You'll develop trusted relationships with senior business stakeholders. As part of a practice that brings research and analytics expertise together with deep industry knowledge, you'll develop change programmes that are not only innovative, but deliver the most positive impact for all.
The team is responsible for:
- Developing solutions for capital models such as proxy modelling, risk calibrations, matching adjustment and dynamic volatility adjustment;
- Reviewing risk calibrations and proxy modelling approaches against market practice, in particular for illiquid assets such as commercial mortgages and infrastructure assets;
- Designing, implementing and testing risk & valuation models for major companies to help these companies comply with the latest financial regulations;
- Helping clients enhance and optimise their internal modelling processes.
- Analysing client data and presenting your findings to the client by means of visualisation tools.
- Contributing to market leading research into new modelling techniques and developing new solutions to classic insurance problems.
Consultant - Senior Consultant will have responsibility for:
- Actively contributing to a wide range of client projects of a technical actuarial nature;
- Managing small teams of junior actuarial trainees as part of a larger project, including performance management;
- Having extensive client contact, including dealing with queries, attending meetings with support and working on client sit's;
- Contributing to practice management, for example mentoring less experienced colleagues and involvement in recruitment.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to help you develop in your current role and progress through the grades to manager and beyond. We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allows everyone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice. We also believe in structured development through formal training and personal development plans, covering areas such as:
- Actuarial modelling skills;
- Building relationships;
- Project Management;
- Business development; and
- Consulting skills
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London but flexible working arrangements are available
This is a permanent full time contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- A strong academic track record in Mathematics or other quantitative subjects and making fast progress towards, or hold, a recognised actuarial qualification;
- Good knowledge of the life insurance industry and asset markets;
- The ability to apply your technical knowledge in practical and commercial situations;
- Demonstrable experience in either proxy modelling, risk modelling or Solvency II/economic capital modelling, in particular credit risk and matching adjustment;
- Good modelling skills with advanced knowledge in one coding language;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience of modelling illiquid assets, for the base valuation and stress, is highly desirable.
- Highly mathematical
- Adept at solving problems
- Sharp and analytical
- A strong team player
- Driven and highly committed
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
⛔️ Deloitte are no longer taking applications for this job.
From the blog
Expert tips on actuarial career growth and development.